Receive alerts from your local agencies
...or text your ZIP CODE to 888777 for mobile alerts

Full Notification

Scottsdale Fire Department
Wednesday March 16th, 2011 :: 10:35 a.m. MST


Large bee hive in residential area near Granite Reef/ Indian School. Fire & PD onscene. Use caution in area.

At approximately 9:50 a.m., Scottsdale Fire was dispatched to a report of a landscaper stung by multiple bees in the 8300 block of East Heatherbrae (near Granite Reef & Indian School). Upon arrival, firefighters located a large hive in a palm tree and treated three patients for bee stings.

The immediate area has been evacuated and Fire officials are working with the homeowner to contact a bee removal company. The bees are still very aggressive and residents in the areas are asked to stay indoors and avoid this area.

As a reminder, Scottsdale Fire Department will not remove bees unless there is an imminent danger to a person or active attack in progress. Residents and/or businesses with bees or a hive on their property should contact a bee keeper or bee removal company.

Scottsdale Fire Department
8401 E. Indian School Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Emergency: 9-1-1
Non-emergencies: 480-312-8000

Tiffani Nichols
Fire Department

8300 E Heatherbrae Ave
Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Navigate & Discover