- Tuesday May 15th, 2012 :: 03:26 p.m. PDT
Maker Faire at the San Mateo Expo this Weekend May 19-20 - Parking and Traffic Impacts
MEDIA RELEASE / COMMUNITY ALERT
CITY of SAN MATEO POLICE DEPARTMENT
200 Franklin Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94403
This weekend, Saturday May 19 and Sunday May 20, the San Mateo Expo Center will be hosting the Bay Area Maker Faire.
• This large-scale event is expected to draw between 50,000 and 95,000 visitors over the two-day period.
• The San Mateo Police and City Organization, the San Mateo County Expo Center Staff, and The Maker Faire Production Staff are working collaboratively to minimize the traffic impact, however there will be an unusually large number of vehicles, pedestrians, and bicycles in the San Mateo area this weekend.
Potential traffic impacts in San Mateo:
• Be prepared for traffic delays, particularly on surface streets and on Freeway Ramps near the intersection of SR92 and US101, including Fashion Island, Delaware Street and Hillsdale Boulevard.
• Be cautious and aware of bicyclists – special feature pricing for bicycle commuters will create a massive number of additional bicyclists in the area
• There will be a large increase in pedestrian foot-traffic in San Mateo as well – please watch for pedestrians
Event and Parking Information about the Maker Faire can be found at:
or on Facebook:
SMPD will be on site and continually collaborating with Event Staff to address parking and safety issues – follow us on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on parking and traffic:
San Mateo, CA Police Department
200 Franklin Pkwy
San Mateo, CA 94403