- Saturday June 1st, 2013 :: 06:26 p.m. PDT
Immediate evacuations have been ordered by LA County Fire Department and LA County Sheriff’s Department.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department along with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has ordered immediate evacuations from San Francisquito Canyon Road up to Elizabeth Lake Road and areas south of Lake Hughes Road. Additional Emergency Personnel has been activated to assist in evacuations.
Road closures have been ordered in Castaic at Lake Hughes Road as well as Lake Hughes Road to Elizabeth Lake Road. These road closures went into effect due to the heavy equipment traveling the road throughout the course of the day. Road closures initiated yesterday are still in effect. Only Santa Clarita residents and Emergency personnel will be allowed to enter San Francisquito Canyon Road at Copper Hill. Only Emergency personnel will be able to enter the areas between Calle Daggett and the Department of Water and Power Village off the San Francisquito Canyon Road.
A Red Cross evacuation center has been set up at Marie Kerr Park (Recreation Center), located at 2723-A Rancho Vista Blvd, in the City of Palmdale. The evacuation site for large animals has been set up at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds (Gate 3), located at 2551 West Avenue H, in the City of Lancaster.
The Cal Fire site Evacuation Checklist:
• Critical Medication
• Important photos and personal papers
• Essential valuables
• Pets, livestock, Pet food
• Change of clothes and toiletries
• Cell phone and charger
• Critical papers and effects in a fire-proof safe
• Evacuation Route Map with at least two routes
• Drive your planned route of escape before an actual emergency
For additional information regarding the evacuation process please visit the Cal Fire website at http://calfire.ca.gov/communications/downloads/fact_sheets/Evacuation.pdf
Prepared by Deputy Jodi Wolfe
Please use caution in surrounding areas.
LASD - Palmdale Station, Los Angeles County Sheriff
750 East Avenue Q
Palmdale, CA 93550
- Severe - Significant threat to life or property
- Immediate - Responsive action SHOULD be taken immediately
- Observed - Determined to have occurred or to be ongoing
- Law enforcement, military, homeland and local/private security
- Police Activity